Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Mini Blueberry Tea Cakes





You know? I haven’t had pancakes for breakfast for a while but when I woke up this morning, I was craving for pancakes, blueberry pancakes to be specifically.    Lucky that the hubby brought home a package of fresh blueberry yesterday for my smoothie, but I kept hearing the rebellious side of me saying, “blueberry pancakes, blueberry pancakes, blueberry pancakes!”    So, I decided to whip up some batter with a touch of Greek yogurt to make pancakes! 

BUT…………………………….here I go again! My “other side of me” said, “let’s put in the oven!” Instead of making pancakes, I suddenly found myself turning on the oven, brushing up and filling the mini muffin pan with the pancake batter, and here they went, in the oven! 



 

I was anxiously waiting for them to cook by setting the time of the oven for 30 minutes.   But when the 30 minutes has gone, the mini cakes were still plainly white and barely cooked, but the berries started to breeding out a little.  So I decided to give it another 12 minutes and I just literally stood there and stared at them to turn golden brown. Oh goodness! Those mini cakes looked just lovely! 

The taste test? The mini cakes were fluffy, nice and light, just as the pancakes usually are, with the gorgeous sweet tart of blueberries. Though they were not as sweet as other cakes because the batter was made for pancakes supposedly to be eaten with syrup or honey, but they were absolutely perfect companion for a cup of hot green tea and hot brew coffee.  So I called them "Mini Blueberry Tea Cakes."  What could go wrong with that, right?






What you need: make 26 mini muffins 

Dry:

1 1/4 c all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3 tbsp sugar (add more if you like sweet)

: Mix all dry ingredients with fork and set aside

* 5 oz. fresh blueberries

Wet:

1/2 c low-fat Greek yogurt
2/3 c milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp coconut oil
1 large egg

: Beat together all wet ingredients, and stir into the dry mixture just to blend well, do not over mixed and then gently toss in fresh blueberries









How to:

- Preheat the oven at 400’ F
- Brush or spray mini muffin pan with coconut oil or butter or cooking spray or use muffin liners
- Fill the muffin minis with the batter to full
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until the top turn lightly golden brown and the toothpick insert in center comes out clean
- serve warm with coffee or tea



Enjoy!
J
























No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...