Saturday, May 4, 2013

Simple Green Tea Waffles & Honey-Strawberry Syrup


























I had the itch to make waffles for breakfast for weeks, but I just couldn’t find the time to make them because there were so many things in my mind lately…

Until this morning, I woke up earlier than usual (only 20 minutes early! Hehehe!) to the lovely sunshine and I immediately jumped to the kitchen and whipped up the waffle batter to fulfill my longing for waffles. Didn’t even really that I ran out of maple syrup until the hubby had mentioned that to me. Oh well! Lucky that I had a box of fresh strawberry sitting in the fridge for my smoothie that I could cut them up and mix with honey to go with my green tea waffles. Perfecto!





These green tea waffles were so light and airy with a strong hint of green tea and tasted so good just for itself without syrup – this confirmed by a big guy with sweet tooth!    I ended up eating my crispy waffles by dipping it in my hot coffee, just the way I like it. That just awesomely made this sunny day even brighter!  (^o^)

This batter made enough for 5 people. So, I put the leftovers in the Ziploc and freeze them for later!

 What you need:   for 10 regular size waffles

2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tbsp. Matcha green tea powder
2 tbsp. sugar
1 tbsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
2 large eggs, beaten
1 1/2 cup milk
1 tsp. vanilla extract
3 tbsp. vegetable oil
2 cups fresh strawberry, chopped
4-5 tbsp. honey





How to:

- Gently toss honey and strawberry together and set aside.
- Sift together (or not, up to you, I did) flour, green tea powder, baking powder, salt and sugar in a medium mixing bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, vanilla, and oil. Add to the bowl of mixed flour and mix well until it has no lumps remain.
- Make the waffle accordingly to the waffle manufacture.
- Serve warm with honey-strawberry syrup or whatever your favorite syrup is…


Enjoy!
^__^
 






3 comments:


  1. I cook because I love to eat. This is my food and my cooking! Nothing is complicated, yet simple. And trust me...you can cook anything, too. Just listen to your appetite and play with your food!
    matcha powder where to buy melbourne

    ReplyDelete

  2. I am very enjoyed for this blog. Its an informative topic. It help me very much to solve some problems. Its opportunity are so fantastic and working style so speedy. cleaning produsts
    ​buy matcha powder perth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post about the simple tea waffles honey Strawberry Syrup and how to make this

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...