Thursday, March 21, 2013

Citrus-Avo with Honey Mint Salad




It’s officially spring with the sunshine outside that is so bright and warm. And if anyone has noticed, there are lovely citrus fruits everywhere – in supermarket, farmer market, and on our neighbor’s trees. Since my kitchen is now filled with some gorgeous citrus I got some from my awesome neighbor, I attempt to make a few things with them and just go nuts about it. Why not? I’ve actually started with “Blood Orange Margarita with Honey” that looked so awesomely gorgeous from the previous post.



 

To celebrate lovely spring, I’m making this simple citrus and avocado salad with a little hint of honey and mints for a light lunch today. I just love the dazzling color of this salad – simple, easy, and delish! After that, I’m going to make tea – ice green tea with orange and honey. How’s that sound?  

























What you need:

2 medium orange, cut into section
2 medium blood orange, cut into section or crosswise
1 medium avocado, seeded and sliced
1-2 tsp. honey
3-4 mint leaves, chiffonaded
1/4 fresh squeeze orange juice
1 tsp. orange zest, finely grated

How to:

Arrange orange segments and avocado in the plate. Whisk together orange juice and zest, honey, and mints to mix well and pour over orange segments and avocado. The salad is best when served chill.


Enjoy and be happy!
 
^__^






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...