Saturday, May 18, 2013

Baked Quinoa-Egg in Maple Bacon Cups


I am a little obsessed with quinoa lately.  And I have to admit that I try to follow the quinoa trend right now.   But quinoa is soooooooo good for our health and that should be enough reason for me to do that.  Right? 
 
I made quinoa salad with sunny side-up egg on the previous post, and made Thai spicy quinoa-coconut croquettes another day, which I didn’t post it for an unforgivable reason – I ate them all before they could make it to my blog!

 Yeah, I knew, I ate like a pig!  




I promise I will try to make it and share with the world soon.

Today I decided to incorporate the quinoa with eggs filled in maple bacon cups for breakfast.   To be honest, I should have cooked the bacons just to crisp them first before filling in the egg mixture because they weren’t crisp enough as I had hope for.  So, I turned up the boiler and turn the egg cups upside down back to the muffin tins and put in the oven under the boiler for another 10 minutes to cook the bacon a little more, I didn’t take any picture of this step because it’s too embarrassing to show.    Dooohh! o_o



 
Oh boy, I was glad I did. The crispy maple bacon gave lots of flavor to the egg and quinoa. I even finished eating 2 of them before I finished taking photographs, and I was so stuffed!

If you wonder why quinoa is good for you, check this out from whfoods.org


What you need:   make 9 egg cups
4 large eggs
1 cup cooked quinoa
1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese + for topping
1 package (3.5 oz.) mushroom, root trimmed
3-4 mini sweet pepper or bell pepper, diced
1/4 cup chives, thinly chopped
9 pieces maple bacon, cut in half
Salt and pepper to taste


How to:

- Preheat the oven to 350’ F


- mix the entire ingredients in the mixing bowl


- arrange two half of bacon into the bottom of each muffin tin crossing each other for the base


- fill each cup with the egg mixture and top each with cheese


- bake for 25 minutes or until the egg and bacon is cooked and crisp 
 

 - let them cool down before remove them from the pan
 
 
 
Enjoy!
 
^__^
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...