Thursday, July 2, 2015

Cantaloupe Tabbouleh Salad



The weather in Los Angeles is steaming up day after day.   As a result, I cook less even though I have a burner for cooking outdoor.   I found myself eating more and different kinds of salad almost every day.  And today is no exception.   I love tabbouleh, the Middle Eastern salad that full of fresh flavor of parsley and mint leaves.  I also love the easy dressing with a hint of cumin that has blown my mind.   I literally can’t stop after I started eating it.  But guess what this salad has no harm to my body and I can eat as much as I want.   I made and posted quinoa tabbouleh before and have been making it with different combinations many times over the years.  And this time I added some fresh cut cantaloupe in my tabbouleh to give it even more refreshing than it already is.    




This revitalizing cantaloupe tabbouleh salad should definitely be in your consideration for the coming up celebration July 4th.   I am sure it will be a perfect salad for the summer with your favorite BBQ.  


What you need:   2-4 servings

2 cup cantaloupe, cubed
1 bunch parsley, finely chopped
1 cup mint leaves, finely chopped
2 medium Roma tomatoes, cubed
1/2 red onion, finely chopped
1 Lemon juice and zest or 3 tbsp. lemon juice
3 tbsp. olive oil
1/2 tsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1/4 tsp. ground cumin


1. In a large mixing bowl, combine parsley, mint, onion, tomato, and cantaloupe
2. Whisk lemon juice and zest, olive oil, salt, pepper, cumin and sugar to blend well, pour over the salad and toss to mix well.

3. Leave the salad in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to set and enhance the flavor before serving  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...