Monday, August 20, 2012

Lazy Tomato Spinach Tortilla-Tartlet





Tomato again! You might think! I promise this will be the last one –for now! 





I’ve been thinking about making Tomato Tart for quite sometimes now but never get a chance to do so because of the hot steamy weather that preventing me from turning on the oven. However, there are big baskets filled with tomatoes waiting and waiting to be eaten before they automatically turn into tomato sauce on the kitchen counter cause by the humidity of the Augusts’ summer heat. 

So, I have to do something, right?     ....Right!...      


 

Luckily, the weather today is slightly cool down a little with a nice cool breeze and I am thinking of making tomato tart.   Have the flour out, butter, and sugar………….BUT I am feeling a little tired and lazy today. So, I put them back and forsaken my original plan! …………Sight! 

Then I see a bag of green spinach tortilla I bought for making a wrap the other day, and suddenly, the light bulb went off in my head! Since I am too lazy to make a crust, then I will use a spinach tortilla to make a crust for my tomato tart and complete it with store-bought basil pesto. 

My lazy tomato tartlet is probably the laziest and simplest tomato mini-tart ever, but the combination made from heaven of basil pesto (yes! Basil pesto again, it makes everything tastes instantly so good), mozzarella cheese, tomato, and the crunchiness of baked tortilla is absolutely yummy and tastylicous that I will definitely make it again! That’s simple!






What you need:  (for 5-in tart serve as an appetizer for 2 or 1 if you are really hungry!)

1 sheet green spinach tortilla - cut to fit in the 5-in tart dish
2 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
2 tbsp Basil pesto - store brought or homemade (recipe here)







How To:
- Place the cut tortilla in the bottom of the tart pan, spread the cheese over evenly, arrange tomato slices with the circle pattern, and sprinkle with a pinch salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake the tart at 350” F for 35 minutes or until the tomato has shrunk and dried out a little.
- Let the tart cool down to handle for 5- 10 minutes, then spoon over the tomato tart with basil pesto and garnish with basil leave, slice and serve as an appetizer.


Enjoy!

J






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...