Friday, August 10, 2012

Tomato-Zucchini Frittata Cups




A bunch of tomatoes from my garden are ripen and I have to find the way to eat them fast. And once again I’m making frittata cups because I love the idea of making them individually so I can keep them and have them later for the breakfast-to-go in the morning on my way to work. Just warm it up in the microwave for 15 seconds and you are set. I’ve made Spaghetti Squash Mini Frittata cups before on my previous post, and I was hooked to that clever idea. 





Baking frittata in the muffin pan is as easy as making scramble eggs, no fuss at all, and you can also add any veggies you like and with your preferred cheese. This time I’ve added a slice of fresh cut tomatoes from my garden on the top of each cup which made them look so pretty sophisticated with bright red in the middle when they come out from the oven. So, try making them today and you will know that how easy it is to get hook on these little cuties frittata cups.




What you need:

2 small zucchini, halved lengthwise and cut into half-moons
3 medium tomatoes, cut thinly crosswise
2 tbsp olive oil
2 cloves minced garlic
1/4 cup onion, chopped
1/4 cup red bell pepper, chopped
3/4 cup grated Mozzarella Cheese
7 eggs, beaten
2 tbsp milk
1/4 tsp each of salt and ground black pepper – or more to taste 
Cooking spray to coat the muffin pan.

How to:

Preheat the oven to 350’ F.

- Heat oil in a large skillet and add garlic, onion, red bell pepper, and zucchini with salt and pepper; sauté just until the veggies tender.
- Whisk together eggs and milk and season with salt and pepper.
- Spray the muffin pan with cooking spray, and then divide the cooked vegetables evenly among 12 muffin cups, follow by mozzarella cheese and fill with the eggs mixture just almost to the top, and a slice of tomato on each cup.
- Bake for 25 minutes, until tops slightly puffed and middles are set.
- Remove mini frittatas onto a wire rack and serve warm with you favorite salsa or hot sauce as desired.


Enjoy!
^__^






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...