Sunday, February 17, 2013

Orange Yogurt and Poppy seed Mini Puffed-Cakes


 
 As I have mentioned from my last post that I’ve been so busy with many things going on around me including my research paper that is desperately waiting for me to finish for the dateline in the coming week. But getting up this morning to a very sunny Sunday makes me want to make something to welcome bright warm sun we have been longing for a while…and more importantly, to de-stress my stiffness a little bit. 
 
For me, cooking and eating are the best solution. What else? 
 
 





Making something with orange has just popped up in my mind...hmm…pancakes? or muffins? And then I ended up with these cutie mini puffed cakes with sweet orange glazed on top to pair with my morning coffee. Wow…nothing can be more perfectly sweet than these mini cakes for this warm sunny day in L.A.

 























 
I hope you all have a very awesome sweet day as well!


What you need: makes 22 mini cakes

Dry ingredients:
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
3 tbsp. sugar
1 tbsp poppy seed
Wet ingredients:

1 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp canola oil
1 large egg
3 tbsp fresh squeeze orange juice

*Cooking spray or oil to grease the muffin pan

Orange Glaze:
1/2 cup confectioner sugar
4 tbsp fresh squeeze orange juice
1 tsp finely grated orange zest
: Stir all the ingredients together to make paste. Add more or less of confection sugar for the consistency of your liking. Set aside.
 
 
 
 


 
How to:

- Preheat the oven to 400’F and spray or brush mini muffin pan with oil, set aside.
- Mix the dry ingredients with fork and set aside.
- Mix wet ingredients and then whisk in the dry to blend well. The batter will be lumpy and thick.
- Fill the mini muffin pan with the batter to the top and bake for 15-18 minutes
- Let them cool down on rack before glazing with orange glaze, and serve.
 
 
 Enjoy!
^__^

 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...