Monday, June 1, 2015

Baked Whole Fish with Dill and Lime Sauce



OMG!  It’s June.  We’re half way through the year already!  Where did all the time go?  It seems like the New Year was just yesterday, and I am still in the lazy mode because my plan of cleaning out all the clusters has gotten nowhere.   If you are anything like me, there are little piles of clutter all over the place.  There are things that I think will come in handy later when I ever need it, but guess what?  It never does.  I need to reboots my organizing system as soon as possible before the year ends, otherwise, you can call me a hoarder from now on.  




Anyhow, back to my dish of the day – Baked Whole Fish with Dill and Lime sauce.  I had made a similar dish before, Pla Neung Manao, and I still wanted to eat it again. This time I bought a whole striped Bass and had the fishmonger at the market cleaned out all the guts for me before I brought it home with a bunch of fresh dill.  Ohhh…have I ever told you how much I love dill.  This dish is easy to make, to bake actually.  The dressing or the sauce that is used to pour over the fish after it baked has a little heat (or a whole lots if you eat that little pieces of chili like i did) from crushed fresh Thai chilies and garlic with a little zest of lime juice and an awesome smell of dill.  You don’t even need any extra dipping sauce. This dish is good to be served with steamed white rice as a light healthy dinner meal.  I can actually eat the whole thing by myself.   

Would you try it?






What you need:
1 (2.5 lbs.) Whole Striped Bass, well cleaned and
gutted
1 pk. Enoki mushroom or any kind (use as much or as little as you like)
1 bunch fresh dill
4 cloves garlic, crushed
A quarter of white onion, sliced
2 tbsp. fresh ginger, sliced

For the dill sauce:
1/4 cup finely chopped dill
3 cloves garlic, finely mined
3 tbsp. canola or olive oil
2 limes or 1/4 cup lime juice
4-5 Thai red and green chili, mined
A pinch of salt and ground black pepper to taste
> whisk all the ingredients together and set aside.

1. Preheat the oven to 400’F  
2. Lay the baking sheet with foil. Place the fish over and seasoning lightly with a pinch of salt and ground pepper on both sides.
3. Stuff the crushed garlic, ginger, and dill into the fish empty stomach
4. Lay the slices of onion over the fish
5. Scatter the mushrooms around the fish
6. Cover the fish with a piece of aluminum foil and bake for about 20 -25 minutes
7. When the fish is cooked, pour the dill sauce all over the fish and serve immediately.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...