Thursday, September 6, 2012

Banana - Fresh Fig and Walnuts Muffins


There were reasons why I made these muffins, and I was so happy that I did.

Firstly, I was trying to use up 3 overripe bananas I kept in my refrigerator for 2 weeks.

Secondly, since we still have lots of figs, I wanted to put them in good uses after I’d been making lots of things with them already.

Thirdly, my mother-in-law was coming to visit; she loves figs; and she used to bake a lot! (…and?!?!)

And lastly, it’s to show off that I actually could bake (she’s never knew that)! Not that she cares if I could or not!




Now that you want to know what she’s said about my muffins……drum rolls please……
"It isn’t too sweet, which I like it!”
Whew!!!    (Well, I’m still thinking (and hoping) that was an honest compliment!)




However, I love these muffins. They turned out to be so moist and have just enough sweet that pair great with a cuppa coffee in the morning.  And when I checked on the ingredients in these muffins, banana and figs, cinnamon and walnuts, they are considered pretty healthy to boost up your morning’s energy, don’t you think?    I will use whole wheat flour next time though!




What you need:  make 12 muffins

1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts + for toppings
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
5 tbsp melted unsalted butter
2 cups mashed ripe bananas (3 bananas)
5 small fresh figs cut into small pieces
Cinnamon sugar for toppings







How to:

- Preheat the oven to 350’F
- In a bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and chopped walnuts
- In another bowl, whisk together mashed banana, egg, vanilla extract, melted butter, and brown sugar
- Then stir in the dry ingredients and mix well
- Fill the batter half way through in each muffin cups, with the muffin paper liners if used, and add some cut fresh figs and then cover with the batter
- Sprinkle some cinnamon sugar on the top and broken walnuts pieces on each muffin
- Bake for 25 minutes until the muffins turn golden and the center come out clean - Let cool before removing the muffins


Enjoy!
J








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...