Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Detox-Green Smoothie – no dairy products





Yeah! Green smoothie……again! But wait! I didn’t add any yogurt this time!

So, woke up this morning, I “tried” to “skip” my coffee, again (I’ve tried many times, didn’t work). I went straight to the fridge and took out the stuffs I needed to make my “morning” smoothie.
To the hubby surprise, he asked, “What are you doing? Aren’t you gonna have your coffee?” The coffee was made and smell so good, but I said, “No, I’m having smoothie breakfast.”

This smoothie made out of all things “green” of what-I-had-on-hand, and a banana – green apple, green grapes, Persian cucumber, celery, and spinach. I added banana instead of my usual yogurt because I wanted to try “to like” it in a smoothie. I never like banana in smoothie, don’t know why, but I added it anyway.






The smoothie came out surprisingly nice and refreshing with a strong hint of celery and a little hint of banana. After a big glass, I felt very full like I just finished a big breakfast –and that’s awesome!

The beauty of drinking this smoothie is that it makes me feel like the healthiest person in the world! Sounds like over the top… I knowww. I’m trying to get over myself right now.




What you need makes 2 big glass 

 1 handful baby spinach
1 handful seedless green grapes
1 medium Green Smith apple, chopped unpeeled
1 medium Persian cucumber, chopped unpeeled
1 stalk celery, chopped
1 banana
1 cup apple juice (love to try with coconut juice next time!)
1-2 tbsp. honey
1/2 cup crush ice

: Blend everything on the high speed until it smooth and frothy
 
 
Enjoy!
 
^__^
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...